Same Domain names, Different TLD Who Will Rank?
n***@wmsindia.com
2014-09-25 11:47:42 UTC
Hi Everyone,

I have a dilemma going on here, so here's the thing, what if there are two site that have exactly same brand names(XYZ), but are situated in different countries and as such have different TLD's (XYZ.com.au; XYZ.co.uk), both are equally good, both are properly optimized and have same domain authority and everything. but when a user searches for the brand name (XYZ), in say .com(neutral TLD) which domain will rank 1st and why?
Onur Özen
2014-09-26 15:08:17 UTC

That depends on where they've searched from. If you use lang href tag properly, suitable language ranks probably higher. Same as for the locations But you should set location settings on Webmaster Tools for each website.

Best,